Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Midway Lunch

Awhile back, I took Jackson and Olivia to check out the Midway food trailer court. A carnival-esque sign greeted us.


Inside the gates, we were met by a suspicious-looking sasquatch. What were you doing behind that bush, Bigfoot?


Decorations hanging from trees added to the carnival atmosphere.


I had a portabello mushroom bahn mi from Dock and Roll Diner, accessorized with grilled onions, guacamole, hoisin sauce, and cotija cheese. It was served hot and toasty (I've had experiences with lukewarm trailer food so I appreciate this detail) and the portabellos were perfectly done, not rubbery.


I was kind of bummed out that half of the ten food trailers were closed the day we went. I guess Mondays aren't optimal for sampling trailer food. Yet, I ended up with a satisfying lunch that I probably wouldn't have chosen if there were more options (I'd been eyeing the tapas trailer, but it was closed.) So there you go.

Since the closing of NATY, Midway is currently the only food trailer court in Austin with a playscape. Happy kiddos.


No comments:

Post a Comment