Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lunch at Freddie's

Today we met my friend Jacqueline and her little boy for lunch at Freddie's Place in South Austin. Its spacious outdoor seating area, complete with playscape, makes it the perfect place to chill with kids for a leisurely lunch.


I had the grilled veggie pita sandwich, served with pesto mayo and a pickle. Very good; I finished it off and felt satisfied but not stuffed.


I also had to try a side of macaroni and cheese with Hatch green chilis. Super rich and creamy, with a nice amount heat from the chilis. I took most of this home for Tony since he loves spicy things.


After that, a light dinner was in order. I made the Spicy Soba Salad with Edamame and Cucumber from One-Dish Vegan. I doubled the amount of edamame called for, because I knew Jackson and Olivia would like it that way. They love those little green beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment