Thursday, May 29, 2014

First Swim

I tried something different this morning: oats with carrot juice, raisins, cinnamon, raw vanilla protein powder. The flavor was great and reminded me of carrot cake. But the vanilla powder got clumpy and gross. 


After dropping Jackson off at pre-K, Olivia and I stopped by Whole Foods. I picked up a Daily Greens juice. I buy them when they are on sale. Apparently I can't bring myself to pay $7.99 for a juice, but $5.99 is acceptable.


We were there to pick up fresh flowers for Jackson's teachers, since the end of the school year is drawing near. These happy pink daisies caught my eye.


For lunch I had avocado and tomatoes on French bread.


After school, the kids asked to set up the kiddie pool. It was definitely warm enough, so they changed into their swim suits and took a dip.


Water babies.


Remember the French bread from lunch? Here's what happened to the rest of it. I filled it with amazing Cheddary Broccoli Soup from Isa Does It. I have made this soup before and I thought a bread bowl would suit it perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment