Monday, April 8, 2013

Texas VegFest 2013

Olivia and I attended Texas VegFest 2013 over the weekend. We arrived at lunchtime, so we headed straight for the food vendors. I got the tamale nachos from Vegeria. I'm definitely going to visit their restaurant next time I'm in San Antonio. The nachos were awesome and yes, there was a tofu scramble-filled tamale hidden under all those chips and queso.


For dessert, we couldn't pass up chocolate ice cream from Sweet Ritual.


With full tummies, we made our way to the children's area where Olivia had her first face-painting experience.


Flower child!


Next, she took part in a kids' yoga session.


She was really into it! I see more mother-daughter yoga time in the future.


Next, we were going to see Isa Chandra Moskowitz speak, but she was ill and had to cancel. Sad face. So, we made another lap around the vendor area. Now that Austin is bag-free, I'm on the lookout for cute tote bags, and I couldn't pass up this one from Food Fight Grocery.


We brought home a bunch of free swag, too: a pin and temporary tattoo from Dandies marshmallows, some Beanitos, Lundberg Farms brown rice and wasabi rice chips, Raw Revolution snack bars, a multitude of flavored agave packets from Wholesome Sweeteners, and a fruit-flavored magnesium supplement from  Natural Calm.


Can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, that looks like a good veggie fest. I will have to keep that one in mind. We went to the one in Dallas lady year.

    ReplyDelete