Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dinners Out

My parents were in town all last week. Since they are omnivores and "need" meat with most of their meals, we dine out a lot whenever they visit. But they do have a liking for my minestrone. The recipe is from The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook by Jack Bishop.


One night, we tried out the new spring menu at Kerbey Lane. I was so excited to see a tofu banh mi on their seasonal menu, and it did not disappoint! Banh mi sandwiches really seem to be catching on these days. There's even an all-banh mi restaurant in South Austin that I'll have to try soon.


Jackson and Olivia had chocolate chip pancakes. Can't go wrong with chocolate chips, especially if you are three or four years old.


There are not a lot of Tex-Mex options in Detroit, where my parents live, so they always want to visit Chuy's when they're in Austin. I had the salad and enchilada combo -- a veggie enchilada paired with a giant house salad, with creamy jalapeno dressing.



More home-cooked meals coming up this week, for sure.






1 comment:

  1. Oh man these are great looking meals!! I think I'm partial to the sandwich and that yummy looking enchilada!

    ReplyDelete