Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tempeh Stroganoff

For dinner last night I made a recipe from The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of Europe, Tempeh Stroganoff. 


Tender bites of tempeh and mushrooms, coated in a smoked paprika cream sauce, served over pasta...I think I could eat this for a week straight. I have memories of my mom making beef stroganoff when I was growing up but, as a vegetarian, I could never partake, so I have nothing to compare this to. But it's awesome. And I'm so in love with smoked paprika these days.

For lunch today, I gave in to a craving for queso. The PPK's cashew queso is the only queso recipe I'll ever use. I topped it with olives, tomato, jalapenos and scallions, and scooped it onto tortilla chips.


Jackson's been practicing his grilling so he can cook out with Tony when the weather warms up a little. Flip that (veggie) burger! 




2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love smoked paprika! Have you tried the queso without the miso? It's hard to find in my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but I bet it would be just fine!

      Delete