Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cookbook Challenge: Vegan Diner

This week's selection in the PPK Cookbook Challenge is Vegan Diner by Julie Hasson. So far I've made three recipes.

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Mine were more crispy than chewy, I suspect because I ran out of brown sugar and had to substitute regular sugar for half the amount called for. I also subbed whole wheat pastry flour for half of the white flour. Oh, and I threw in some chopped walnuts. These disappeared quickly.


Blueberry Nutmeg Muffins. I made mini-muffins instead of regular-sized. This recipes calls for a lot of nutmeg. It worried me. I shouldn't have worried. These are fantastic, and I'm not really a muffin fan. Like, just give me a cupcake already. But when you combine blueberries and nutmeg, they undergo a magical metamorphosis and actually acquire the power of speech, so they are able to call my name from the refrigerator anytime I walk by.


Garlic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts. I've had a long-lasting love affair with roasted brussies. Throwing in a bunch of raw garlic at the end certainly couldn't diminish that love. Jackson, Olivia and I finished these off before Tony even made it home for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment