Monday, April 22, 2013

Kids Fest

At first, the Kids Fest and Baby Expo did not sound like something that would interest me. I thought it would be a bunch of vendors hawking toys which my children would then beg me to buy for them. In other words, not something a sane mother would subject herself to. But then I heard about the fun activities, and I thought we could check it out and just avoid the toy peddlers. And, to my complete surprise, this plan actually worked. The activities were so fun that the kids didn't even notice the toy displays. 

We started with rock climbing. Jackson was psyched.


Up he goes. He actually went up a bit higher than this picture shows, above our heads. He says that next year he will climb to the top and ring the bell.


Olivia climbed too, but I didn't get a good picture of her. She climbed a little bit and then politely announced that she was ready to come down. She was more excited about the bungee trampoline.


Jackson had to take a turn after seeing how much fun his sister had.


There were also pony rides.


It was Olivia's first pony ride, so she wanted hold Tony's hand, but she said she liked it. "I was brave!" she announced.


 After we got home, I made Sarah's Super Healthy Banana Breakfast Donuts. I have a hard time getting my kids to eat breakfast lately. I offer them oatmeal or waffles, and they tell me they are not hungry. An hour later, they are asking for snacks like Goldfish and string cheese. The donuts were a hit when they were fresh out of the oven. Jackson and Olivia each ate three. But come morning, they didn't want to eat them. Same result the next morning. Tony and I are still trying to finish them off. At least I tried.


If you have kids, what do they like to eat for breakfast? 

No comments:

Post a Comment