Monday, April 15, 2013

Garden 2013

We got our garden started this weekend. First we made a trip to the nursery to select our plants.


Jackson is excited to grow tomatoes. He remembers how we ate cherry tomatoes all last summer.


So many varieties of basil! I wanted to try them all, but I settled for two. Our garden is small.


Gnomes!


Okra, basil, tomatoes, bell peppers, and habanero. This will be our first time trying to grow okra. I love okra, so I'm very happy about this.


A new Elevation Burger has opened in our neighborhood. I love their vegan burgers. The patties are filled with a rainbow of veggies. Their fries are great, too -- thin and crispy.


And there's a playscape. I suspect we'll become regulars here.


Are you doing a garden this year? What have you planted?

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to grow a garden but that'll have to wait until I'm not in an apartment anymore. Tomatoes are super easy and SO delicious homegrown! Okra sounds exciting too.

    ReplyDelete