Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter 2013

My parents are in town for the week, and we had a little feast with them on Easter Sunday afternoon.

I made roasted green beans and dinner rolls. Tony made the potato salad, which was vegan. He also made ham, baked beans, and deviled eggs, but I did not eat those.


I made a banana cream pie for dessert. I wanted to make it vegan, but I didn't feel like searching for vegan whipped topping, so I made my own using this technique


The resulting pie. I used this recipe


It was totally gooey and fell apart on the plate, but don't let the appearance fool you. This was one incredible pie! My parents loved it, and they had no idea that it contained tofu!  


We also colored eggs, which Tony then used to make his deviled eggs.


My parents brought some coin-filled eggs for the kids to hunt.


Yes, that's egg hunt #3, for those keeping count!


Hope you had a happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment