Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lonestar Roundup 2013

The 13th Annual Lonestar Roundup gave us a chance to see some very cool old cars. On Saturday night they were parked up and down South Congress, and we cruised up and down, taking pictures of our favorites. 


Jackson was in his element. He kept pointing and asking about all the different cars. 


I know nothing about cars, but I had to admit, these were pretty sweet-looking.


Afterwards, we ate at Hyde Park Bar and Grill.  I like that they clearly label the menu items as vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free.


We all shared a big plate of their "famous" buttermilk-dipped French fries. 


I had a cup of lentil soup, chock full of veggies.


I also had a salad with chipotle ranch dressing.


I don't typically go the soup-and-salad route at restaurants; my appetite is usually bigger. But the French fries were there to fill me up and I remembered liking Hyde Park's lentil soup from the last time I ate there a few years ago, so there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment