Friday, April 25, 2014

Public Art, Protein, Po'Boys

On other food blogs I follow, I've noticed that "smoothies in a bowl" seem to be a popular breakfast. I'm not  a morning smoothie person, for one practical reason...I get up an hour before Tony, so I don't like to run the blender while he is still sleeping! However, we all got up at the same time today, so I fixed myself a smoothie with mango, almond milk, and chocolate Garden of Life Raw Protein powder, sprinkled with Go Raw chocolate granola. 


I can't remember where I heard about this brand of protein powder, but I really like it. Its protein comes from a blend of sprouted foods such as rice, quinoa, chickpeas, and lentils. 17g per serving, pretty good! And I like the deep chocolately flavor. This breakfast kept me feeling satisfied until well after noon, which is amazing for me (I'm already snacky by 10 a.m. when I eat cereal for breakfast!)

It was a beautiful spring day, so I brought Jackson and Olivia to Big Stacy park where they happily climbed all over an art installation. 


It's part of Austin's TEMPO, temporary public art program. We love public art!


We spent some time at the little playground.


Olivia is following in her monkey brother's always-climbing footsteps.


The kids led the way down to the creek.


It's nice to see actual water in the creeks this year. We have been getting a good amount of rain.


Olivia randomly discovered an old toy car. Beep beep!


For dinner we had veggie po'boys with roasted cauliflower, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and Veganaise. The kids ate deconstructed versions. They are still in a phase where different foods should not be touching each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment