Monday, April 14, 2014

Indian Paintbrushes

This morning,while out house-hunting (yep, after three years of renting our current place, we're ready to become homeowners), we came across a field of Indian paintbrushes and I had to stop for some quick pics. As far as Texas spring blooms go, bluebonnets get all the love, but I think Indian paintbrushes look just as pretty! 


Came home and chowed on Smoky Split Pea soup from Appetite for Reduction, which I'd made the night before. One of our all-time favorite soups.


I also made a batch of "cheezy" kale chips from Ani's Raw Food Essentials. We preferred them over the spicy ones we made last week. They disappeared quickly!


Later, Olivia and Jackson played a fishing game while I made dinner. Olivia is an extremely focused game player.


Dinner was a treat: Ranch Salad with Buffalo Tempeh, from the PPK. The combination of hot buffalo tempeh and cool, creamy ranch dressing is out of this world. Tony and I did not even attempt to share this with the kids, knowing they'd find the tempeh too spicy. (I fixed them their own salads, along with various finger foods). So we each had a big bowl all to ourselves. I will definitely be making this again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment