Thursday, February 13, 2014

Coconut Bacon

We had another "snow day" on Tuesday thanks to icy roads. .After sleeping in a bit, I started doing my usual cleaning. Jackson got upset that I was not including him. (Sorry, friend, you are not quite big enough to scrub toilets effectively. Please see me when you hit your teenage years. I will be happy to hand that chore off to you then!) So I set him to work doing the laundry. He is not quite tall enough to reach, so he grabbed his step stool and improvised.


Later, the ice melted enough for us to catch a dollar movie, "Walking with Dinosaurs." I'm glad the kids are starting to have the ability to sit still for entire movies. I love watching movies and there are so many I want to watch with them. For example, I never saw the Harry Potter movies when they came out, because I said I would wait to watch them with my kids. (The giant pop was shared among all three of us. I like how it's almost as big as Olivia's entire head and torso.)


For dinner, I tried something new...coconut bacon! It's so easy and only takes 20 minutes. You really do have to keep an eye on it in the oven to avoid burning, though, since the coconut flakes are so delicate.


Tony confirmed that it really does taste and feel bacon-y.  We had BLT's with rye/pumpernickel swirl bread, Veganaise and, of course, LT. My favorite sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment