Friday, February 21, 2014

Climb So High

Jackson recently had the chance to do a little rock climbing at the Chinese New Year festival. (I didn't get any good pics of the dragons this year, but you can check out a past year's celebration.)


We had to wait in line "forever and ever" (about 20 minutes), so he was dying to get his gear on and get going.


When he realized he was much higher than my head, he decided to come on back down.


Olivia did some magnetic wall climbing. I do not see the appeal of this activity, since it's clangy and awkward and 9 times out of 10 the kids will get stuck, unable to move, in need of an adult's assistance. But that's the one she chose.


With mucho help from Daddy, she had fun as well.


Some recent items that have made their way into my grocery cart...

Gelatin-free jello. My kids are fascinated by the rainbow-hued, jiggly cups of jello they see at the store, and I was happy to find this brand that's not made from horses' hooves.


Toasted coconut cashews from Costco...where have you been all my life? I have to ration these.


Daily Greens cold-pressed veggie juice. Daily Greens is a local company and their claim is that one bottle of juice contains nine servings of vegetables. I liked the refreshing taste...like celery lemonade.


Another local brand, Oh-Kimchi vegan daikon kimchi. We sampled this spicy condiment at the farmer's market and had to bring a jar home.


It's great on a veggie burger...I'm trying to think of other uses for it.


Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment