Monday, May 27, 2013

When It Rains

Memorial Day weekend started off very...wet! It started raining Friday afternoon, with heavy storms that night. On Saturday, it rained all day, and continued into Sunday morning. I've never seen my backyard looking so lush and green!


We got so much rain that the kids' water table was completely filled up. Jackson and Olivia reacted to this discovery by stripping off their pajamas and "washing" them in the rainwater. 


Jackson caught a few raindrops on his tongue. Actually, it was raining so hard, I think he got a whole mouthful.


Austin drivers tend to freak out when it storms, so we stayed close to home for lunch. Taj Mahal is in a strip mall attached to an H-E-B, yet I'd say it's the best Indian buffet in Austin. The offerings rotate, but today, they had all my favorites: lentil soup, palak paneer, vegetable korma, dal makhni, biryani rice, and some kind of cauliflower curry that I didn't catch the name of.


Two desserts? Don't mind if I do. Rice pudding, and gulab jamun.


What's your favorite way to spend a rainy day?






No comments:

Post a Comment