Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Flores and a Tofu Extravaganza

Today while Jackson was at school, Olivia and I met up with some friends for lunch at Flores. I had heard that the food was pretty decent and, most importantly, they have a playscape.


The patio overlooks the playscape, which is pretty far down below. You have to walk down a ramp to get there. But our waiter was cool with us constantly going back and forth from the table to the playscape.


Olivia and I shared a giant quesadilla. I don't like it when quesadillas are overstuffed and they get all soggy and floppy. This one was just right!


After our Tex-Mex lunch, I wanted a light dinner. I made a recipe I've been wanting to try for a very long time, Mama Mayhem's Tofu Extravaganza from La Dolce Vegan. It's not gorgeous to look at, but it will make your taste buds so happy, especially if you're a pickle lover! It can be served as a dip with tortilla chips.


As I'd eaten my fill of tortilla chips earlier in the day, I ate it on toast. I was in love after the first bite. And Tony loved it even more, if that's possible. He said it reminded him of a really good egg salad. His exact words were, "I've never liked egg salads, but if they tasted like this, I would!" I'm so glad I finally got around to making this!


1 comment: