Friday, May 3, 2013

Vegan Cuts Snack Box

It was a chilly morning and the kids requested a trip to the Austin Children's Museum. Since we have a family membership, our visits are free. So I'm always happy to take them there when we have a few hours to kill spend learning and exploring.

First, they headed to the tinkerer's workshop. The goal: build pirate ships.



Next, a little fine motor skill work at the handyman table.



Vegan Cuts generously sent me one of their subscription snack boxes for review. The boxes arrive each month for $19.95 including shipping, and contain a variety of vegan foods and products. Some items are sample-sized, some full-sized. My box contained ten different products, plus a couple of coupons. The value of all these items definitely surpasses $19.95, so I think it's a great deal and also a great way to try new  products that you may not be able to find locally.

I love Meow Meow Tweet's rosemary eucalyptus lip balm. It has a lovely, calming scent and it's very moisturizing.


Next, a trio of items that I haven't used yet, but I think they'll make a delightful Italian-themed meal one of these evenings.

Milas Foods' roasted peppers and artichoke bruschetta...can't wait to try it on pasta or crusty bread.


Oloves' green olives with lemon and garlic -- what a perfect snack item for olive lovers like myself.


 Parmela's parmesan-style nut cheese. Dry, salty Italian cheeses like parmesan and pecorino romano are the hardest for me to abstain from. Products like this make it easier!


Next, a couple of snacks that my kids devoured. 

Skinny Pop popcorn. I love that the ingredients are popcorn, sunflower oil, and salt. Nothing else.


Food Should Taste Good sweet potato tortilla chips. Jackson let me try exactly one chip before finishing off the rest of the bag. A healthier tortilla chip -- for salsa fanatics like us, that's always a good thing!


I received two products from a company called 22 Days. Their plant-based protein powder contains a whopping 22 grams of protein.


Their PB & Chocolate Chip Nirvana bar contains an impressive 20 grams of protein, is gluten- and soy-free, and organic. It also tastes like a decadent candy bar.


I had been wanting to try Teeccino herbal coffee. It tastes like coffee, but it is brewed like tea. It's caffeine-free, made from carob, barley, chicory, and ramon seeds. So good with a splash of almond milk.


Another product I've always wanted to try is Teese vegan cheese, so I was totally psyched to receive this generous sample. I'm going to make nachos -- I'll let you know how they turn out!


I received coupons for Teeccino as well as Beyond Meat, a new faux-meat product that I've heard tastes exactly like the real thing. I'm not sure if that would appeal to me, but I bet Tony will love it.


Do you receive Vegan Cuts? What's your favorite new vegan product that you've tried recently?

Thanks to Vegan Cuts for the chance to try your box of high quality vegan products!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for sharing this blog it is very helpful to implement in our work



    Regards
    chicken thigh piece boneless

    ReplyDelete