Thursday, May 16, 2013

Romesco Hummus

Breakfast today was slow-cooked steel-cut oats made with cranberries and almond butter. Sorry for the crappy pic, it was an early morning shot.


Lunch was at Phil's with our play group. I always rave about Phil's and I always order the same thing, a veggie burger with mixed regular and sweet potato fries, so there's really not much to discuss here.


Dinner is a different story. Since I had a big lunch, I figured I would just have some hummus and pita chips for dinner. And I could go on at length about how good this hummus was. Instead, I'll just give you the recipe. It's based on Spanish romesco sauce.


Romesco Hummus
15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup (loosely packed) roasted red peppers, drained
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 T almond butter
2 T red wine vinegar
1/2 t salt
2 T sliced, toasted almonds (garnish)

In a food processor, combine chickpeas, red peppers, garlic, almond butter, red wine vinegar, and salt until smooth. Garnish with toasted almonds, serve.


I saw this truck while out and about today, and had to snap a picture. Someone is prepared!



No comments:

Post a Comment