Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chisos Grill

Today we had a celebratory lunch at Chisos Grill, in the Bee Cave Galleria. A bit of a trek for us, but we had a Groupon. We started off with a sampler of salsa, guacamole and queso.


The chips were sprinkled with chili powder and minced cilantro. A nice touch.


I had the spinach salad with candied walnuts, goat cheese, and strips of grilled pineapple.


I also ordered a side of grilled sweet corn. I was quite pleased with my lunch.


Since Tony is eating vegetarian this month, I can show his lunch, too. He had the veggie stuffed poblano peppers with sides of grilled sweet corn and mashed potatoes with green chile gravy. 


So what were we celebrating?


Our little man's graduation from pre-K!


Now, because of when Jackson's birthday falls, he will attend one more year of pre-K before starting kindergarten, so this wasn't truly goodbye to his wonderful preschool. I would be in tears while writing this, if that were the case! I admit I shed a few tears during the ceremony, when I saw him looking so grown up in his cap and gown. 


We are proud of you, big J! 



No comments:

Post a Comment