Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Urban Vegan Tester #14 - Stuffed Portabellos

Tonight we had Milled-Stuffed Mushrooms with Aioli, from the Urban Vegan's upcoming book. Roasted portabello mushrooms are filled with a flavorful millet pilaf, and drizzled with garlicky aioli. The prep was a snap, since I made the millet and the aioli earlier in the day. Tony and I enjoyed the combination of flavors, while Jackson liked the pilaf on its own.


Tony got off work early due to Snowtorious B.I.G., and will be off most of tomorrow. So, after dinner, a little celebration was in order. Nothing says SNOW DAY like beer and brownies, right? My favorite brownie recipe can be found here. Mama Pea's brownies are low-fat, yet wonderfully dense and chocolatey.


And now it's time for me and the couch to get re-acquainted. I think we'll be spending a lot of time together over the next couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. "Snowtorious B.I.G." -- You're crackin' me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to have some quality time to spend together. Those brownies look great :) I never heard of Mama Pea's/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love millet stuffed portobellos! The garlicky aioli sounds like a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That recipe sounds awesome! I love portabellos.

    ReplyDelete