Monday, February 14, 2011

Butternut Squash Linguine

Robin Robertson's Vegan on the Cheap is my favorite new cookbook of the past year, so naturally I chose it for Free Week of the PPK Cookbook Challenge.  Last night I made the Linguine with Roasted Butternut Squash and Lentils.

The babies are really keeping me on my toes these days. Olivia's standing on her own, and has taken a few tentative little steps. So I spend a lot of time walking her in laps around the apartment, letting her hold onto my thumbs with her wee hands. I don't have a lot of time to spend making dinner, so it's a good thing I've learned to divide time-consuming recipes such as this one into smaller, more manageable parts. I cooked some lentils the day before so that they would be ready to use. Then, in the morning, I peeled and roasted the butternut squash. At dinnertime, I cooked the linguine and made the tomato sauce.


Look at those deep earthy colors. Reminds me of autumn leaves. Tasted pretty good, too. Butternut squash isn't something I'm accustomed to eating with pasta and tomato sauce, but the combination was not bad.

Jackson ate a big bowlful, and Olivia ate some buttered pasta and squash pieces.


I guess they really liked it, since they were begging at Tony's knee when he ate his pasta later on.


Off to run some errands! Olivia needs some shoes that will actually stay on her feet. She just loves to be barefoot and always pulls her socks and shoes off. It's a nice day for a change...let's hope groundhog Phil was right, and spring is right around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. I love butternut squash with pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet pup. I also love seeing pics of your kids enjoying wonderful vegan food!

    ReplyDelete