Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Accent Vlog and Stylish Blogger Award

I first saw the Accent Vlog on Cook.Vegan. Lover and now I keep seeing them. I think it's interesting to match voices with faces and also hear the variations in our accents. So I thought I would post my own today.


If you want to make your own video, here are the words/questions.

  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  • What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you say to address a group of people?
  • What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
  • body and extremely long legs?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
  • groceries at the supermarket?
  • What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
The lovely Carissa at Coffee and Sunshine has given me a Stylish Blogger Award.  Carissa, if you could see me sitting here in my pajama pants and ancient hoodie, you might reconsider that label, but thank you all the same!


As a recipient of this award, I'm supposed to list 7 interesting facts about myself. Here are 7 facts, and I'll leave it to you to consider whether they are interesting.

1. I always thought I was a cat person until I got my dog. I grew up with cats...I wish I had some pics of my childhood cats, Murphy and Treena, to scan in. Here I am with my cat Luna who I had in college.


Luna ran away around the time I started seeing Tony. Tony is terribly allergic to cats, but he had nothing to do with this coincidence. That's what I tell myself, anyway. ;)

And of course here is my Monster, my original baby before the human ones came along.


2. I've lived in 4 states...7 cities...and let's see, I've moved residences 17 times.

3. Films I can watch over and over include: Rushmore, Office Space, Anchorman, Shaun of the Dead, and The Big Lebowski (although, I can only watch that one if I have fixins on hand for a White Russian).

4. I love sleep so much. 9 hours a night is crucial, 10 optimal.

5. I love owls. Also sloths. Just look at them.



6. Much like Barack Obama, Angelina Jolie, David Byrne, and Michelangelo, I am left-handed.

7. My kids are totally adorbs. Yep, that's a fact.


Thanks again, Carissa!

1 comment:

  1. I love how Jackson's lovin' his name! Also, no wonder your kids are so adorable -- YOU are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete