Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Urban Vegan Tester # 4 - Pan-Seared Tofu with Basil-Balsamic Glaze

I'm feeling under the weather, so I was extremely tempted to just eat a plate of nachos for dinner -- my theory being that jalapenos clear the sinuses.  But then I remembered I had these tofu steaks marinating in the fridge.  I microwaved some "baked" potatoes, sauteed the tofu a few minutes on each side, and had a much healthier dinner on the table without expending too much energy (which I don't have.)

I've always shied away from serving tofu all on its own, without a sauce or anything.  But the Urban Vegan's steaks are pretty darn flavorful and have no need for a sauce. The sweetly acidic balsamic glaze and a sprinkling of fresh basil gives them all the flavor you could want. These are classy enough to serve for a vegan dinner with friends. Yet they're also fast enough to make on a busy weeknight, provided you press the tofu and get it in the marinade that morning, or the night before.


I've been writing a lot lately, since I've started doing these tester recipes as well as some personal cooking posts. But at this point I think I'm going to take it easy until after Christmas.  I'll still be reading your blogs, just not posting anything of my own.  Hope you'll come back and visit me after the holidays!

Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Happy Holidays to you!

P.S. One more thing, Averie at Love Veggies and Yoga is giving away a $50 iHerb shopping spree! Hurry up and enter because it ends Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Being that I am a bit under the weather, I am tempted to test your nachos theory! LOL

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better, soon! That tofu does look good, but those potatoes are calling to me. For some reason they look pretty good, and it's only 7 in the morning!

    BTW, if you happened to print my rolls recipe, I added something in the directions. :-)

    ReplyDelete