Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Evolution of the BLT

I decided to class up my beloved BLT sandwich with this fancy bread that caught my eye at the supermarket. It's organic sprouted rye bread from Alvarado St. Bakery.  It's got such a great texture -- soft but dense, with little crunchy bits of caraway seeds and stuff.  



Then I added some Smart Bacon, yum.  Tempeh bacon is good, but I'm not always in the mood for tempeh. Sometimes I just want my fake processed bacon that looks like dog treats.


Behold. I guess it's technically more of a BST, since that's spinach in there. Awesome, none the less.

6 comments:

  1. I'd go with a BST too, lettuce is so blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks so good! I love the big stack of spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like spinach more than lettuce anyway, and that sandwich looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart Bacon is definitely one of my favorite "fake, processed" treats. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done smart bacon. looks like a great stand in for tempeh for a "BST". I love spinach or arugala on a sandwich too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love BLT's. Great way to make it a bit more adult. :) I probably would have put spinach on my sandwich as well.

    ReplyDelete