Friday, December 17, 2010

Panera Salad and Hurry Up Alfredo

Today for lunch I found a use for my blue Sheese that I impulse-bought at Whole Foods recently.  I was inspired by a salad I used to order at Panera.  It only has a few components and is easily recreated, thanks to the wonders of vegan blue cheese.


"Panera" Salad
Toss one bunch of chopped red leaf lettuce, half a wheel of crumbled blue Sheese (be sure it is very cold or it will smush instead of crumble), 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts, and a can of mandarin orange slices, with Annie's lite raspberry vinaigrette.


Love the different textures -- crunchy toasted walnuts, creamy blue cheese and sweet, juicy orange bits.

For dinner, we had spaghetti with Hurry Up Alfredo sauce  from Vegan Yum Yum.  I substituted Tofutti cream cheese for the cashews in the sauce, and it turned out just lovely, very creamy and comfort food-y.  I also added some kale because, well, what isn't improved by the addition of kale.


This weekend I've got to get the rest of my Christmas shopping done and straighten up the house before my parents get in town.  Hope you all have a fun weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So quick and easy! Great idea, thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love Sheese? I am weirdly obsessed with it. My favorite is the smoky cheddar

    ReplyDelete