Monday, December 20, 2010

Peanut Flour Failure

Last night I wanted to use up the last of my Trader Joe's peanut flour...


which I had been happily adding to my oats for the past couple of months to give them a luscious creamy texture.

Did you ever mess with a good thing and wish you hadn't?

I decided to switch it up and make something savory...a variation of my tofu and broccoli with peanut sauce that I typically make with peanut butter.



It wasn't good.  I'm not sure what happened.  And now I'm out of peanut flour.

Perhaps Santa will swing by Trader Joe's and leave something good in my stocking.

6 comments:

  1. I'm always trying stuff like this. Too bad we can't get perfect results all the time, but how could you know--it *could* have been fantastic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can Peanut Flour be thought of as dried Peanut Butter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that peanut flour, I use it to bread my tofu before frying...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it's like dried peanut butter, but they do something to it to remove most of the fat. apparently my peanut sauce needed that fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. rikki, i never thought of using it for breading...that sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll buy some of it next time I'm at TJ's. I didn't know what it was used for.

    ReplyDelete