Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Christmas Recap

I was the first one up on Christmas morning.  It was nice to be able to drink my tea and enjoy the peaceful silence...


Then the tiny tornadoes woke up and Christmas morning got very loud, very fast...



But I wouldn't have it any other way...


Jackson couldn't decide which present was his favorite.  The shaving kit...


Or the bowling set...


It was Olivia's very first Christmas, but it didn't take her long to get into the spirit...


Although it was me who was coveting the little pink cords she got...


After the living room was demolished, we headed into the kitchen to start cooking.  We kept it very simple this year: ham, mashed potatoes, a ton of roasted veggies, rolls and pie.

I was surprised that one of my sweet potatoes seemed to be an albino. Which one of these things is not like the other?


Tasted just as delicious, though...


It was all delicious...





I made Blessed Vegan Mama's Gorgeous Round Rolls -- so pretty, so easy, so tasty!...


The first plate...


Later, dessert...apple-cranberry pie from 1000 Vegan Recipes...



Much love from my family to yours, hope you all had a wonderful holiday!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, it all looks so nice (especially the mashed potatoes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family and lovely Christmas! The food looks incredible. :)

    Was the skin on your albino sweet potato kind of purpleish? Maybe it was a Japanese sweet potato, which are DELICIOUS. They taste a little startchier, but still sweet. I recommend trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. I can barely remember what I cooked on Chrstimas. A belated Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete