Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Urban Vegan Tester #3 - Old Bay Cakes

These Old Bay Cakes, from the Urban Vegan's upcoming cookbook, are a vegan version of crab cakes. I've never had crab cakes, but apparently the ideal crab cake is light and flaky.  That's exactly how I would describe these patties. They are made of tofu which, when combined with the other ingredients and pan-fried, really does take on a tender, flaky texture.  We ate the cakes on their own with a squirt of lemon juice, but they'd probably also be good on a roll or burger bun.

3 comments:

  1. Those look great! I used to love crab cakes in my omni days. Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, these look great. I never had crab cakes before going vegan, but I always love veganized versions, so I am excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete