Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Swim Party

Today we attended a birthday party for a friend of Olivia's. It was a luau-themed pool party. Jackson and Olivia were excited to don their swim gear and take a dip. So was Mama -- if I'm going to be outside these days, I want to be in a pool!


Birthday cupcakes were served poolside.


When we got home, I blended up some mint lemonade. Just make lemonade as usual, throw in a handful of fresh mint, and whiz it up in the blender with some ice. So cool and refreshing on a hot afternoon.


For dinner I made a trio of recipes from Let Them Eat Vegan -- Quinoa Tabbouleh with Olives, Pan-Fried Falafels, and Smoky Tahini Sauce. If you've ever had bland falafel, or deep-fried falafel that's dry and crunchy, I'm sorry. I have, too. But this falafel is neither bland, nor dry. It's one of the best I've tried. The tabbouleh is also bursting with flavor, and the smoky tahini sauce is the perfect falafel dip/tabbouleh topping, especially if you increase the amount of smoked paprika called for. I can't get enough of that stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment