Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Curry Leaves and Snowballs

This morning we acquired some fresh Play-doh so Jackson and Olivia could practice with their "sculpture tools."


For dinner I made a red lentil curry over rice. I used curry leaves, which was a first. I bought them a few months ago at the Indian market and froze them until I was ready to use them. I didn't notice much difference in the flavor compared to using curry powder. I'll have to play around with them some more and see if I think they're worth keeping on hand.


After dinner we headed to Casey's for our favorite summer treat. The line is always wrapped around the building, but if you can stand the heat while waiting in line, the reward is sweet and frosty.


Banana for Jackson, root beer for Olivia. She's been on a root beer kick.



No comments:

Post a Comment