Monday, July 15, 2013

Bullock Texas State History Museum

Today the kids and I checked out the Bullock Texas State History Museum. Before we even entered the museum, we were wowed by the giant Texas star out front.


An immigrant naturalization ceremony was scheduled for that afternoon, so various nations' flags decorated the entrance.


This isn't a children's museum, so I worried that Jackson and Olivia might be bored. Although there aren't many interactive activities (there are a few trivia games and such, but they're geared for older visitors), the kids still found plenty to grab their attention. They loved the astronaut stuff.


Cool space suit! Jackson said, "I've worn one of those."


The kids also had fun "loading" this huge cannon and exclaiming, "Ready, aim, fire!"


I thought this display of old postcards from all over the state was pretty neat.


For dinner I made the Kale-slaw with Curried Almond Dressing from Let Them Eat Vegan. I love a salad that has a ton of different flavors going on, and you certainly get that here, with kale, apple, carrots, almonds,  currants (my sub for dried cranberries) and creamy dressing.


I served the slaw with "Spicoli" Burgers, from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan. They're packed with crunchy hempseeds and are slightly crumbly, yet very moist. The recipe made ten, so I now have some in the freezer for another meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment