Tuesday, July 30, 2013

El Alma

This morning we had a lovely brunch at a new-ish restaurant in South Austin called El Alma. We started off with chips and two kinds of salsa.


I had the nopalito salad with tender cactus leaves, avocado, queso panela, hemp seeds, and pico de gallo.


I'm becoming a person who orders salads at restaurants. This is a new thing for me. I find that I always want a little something on the side to go with the salad. This time, I chose the corn pudding. It's actually more of a cornbread muffin, topped with pico de gallo. It was very creamy and pudding-like on the inside.


Olivia had the banana bread pudding with cajeta (a caramel sauce made from goat's milk), which she let me sample. I know what I'm ordering next time!


Posing on the rocky terrain outside.


1 comment:

  1. I really like nopalitos! Looks even better with avocado. Also very cool that they offer hemp seeds!
    Ain't no shame in salads at a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete