Friday, March 28, 2014

Karate and Ramen

Jackson recently took part in his first karate tournament. He can be silly in his karate lessons, so much so that we occasionally wonder if he is learning anything. However, he took the tournament very seriously.


And...


he...


WON!


We celebrated with lunch at Michi Ramen. It was cold out, so I started with hot tea.


We ordered veggie tempura to munch on while we waited for our ramen. Sadly, I realized that the dipping broth for the tempura is not vegetarian. And tempura without dipping sauce is bland as hell.


For a minute, I was as sad as this little fellow.


But then my vegan ramen bowl arrived, loaded with greens, mushrooms, sweet corn and black garlic oil.


And I was like, "tempur-what?" cause I was so busy slurping down noodles.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Jackson! Good for him. As far as tempura, have you ever tried dipping it in soy sauce in situations like you encountered? It's pretty good that way.

    ReplyDelete