Friday, March 7, 2014

El Sol

Today we used a Groupon for lunch at El Sol ya La Luna. We ate there a few times, years ago, when they were in their South Congress location. We had not been back since they moved to 6th Street because we are hardly ever on 6th. But, with the enticement that only Groupon can provide, we made the trek downtown.


It's a cute restaurant, with interesting murals and paintings adorning the walls. 


I had the tofu veggie tacos on whole wheat tortillas. I don't know of any other Tex-Mex restaurant in Austin that does tofu tacos, so it's pretty neat. The tacos were served with an intriguing dark sauce. It tasted like it contained molasses and hoisin sauce, maybe? Anyway, we all enjoyed our lunch, and I really should take the time to say so on Yelp, because they have such bad reviews! I don't know why...maybe their service genuinely sucks in the evenings. But our lunchtime waitress couldn't have been sweeter and our meals arrived quickly.


Later, Olivia helped me make cinnamon rolls.


I hadn't had cinnamon rolls in literally years. Why would I be so cruel to myself? I made the Savory Cinnamon Rolls from The Garden of Vegan. As you can see from the frosting slathered all over them, these guys are not savory, but sweet. Maybe savory means something different in Canada.




No comments:

Post a Comment