Thursday, February 21, 2013

Seeing Soundsuits

Today we rode the train downtown. Jackson wondered whether zombies are allowed on the train (answer: yes, as long as they are silly 4-year-old zombies). 



Our destination was AMOA-Arthouse, to see the 'Hiding in Plain Sight' exhibition by artist Nick Cave. I'm a fan of his soundsuits, having seen them previously at the Brooklyn Museum. Jackson thought they were pretty cool.


Olivia enjoyed the childrens' loft, where she could create her own art.


We got home close to dinner time, so I threw together this Lentil and Spinach Curry. Super fast and quite tasty with garlic naan.


Here are this week's testers for Joni. Smoky Chili Lime Sweet Potatoes, which look almost charred, but that's just the chili powder coating them. I served them with Lentil Walnut Burgers, from Dreena Burton's Let Them Eat Vegan. My word, those are some tasty burgers. I am never buying frozen veggie burgers again. I had no idea it was so easy to make your own.


Next up we had some meaty, grilled Kofta Kebabs. I served them with raw cauliflower tabouli and cilantro tahini sauce (both recipes from Living Raw Food) and garlic naan. I don't have much experience with raw cuisine, but the idea of using cauliflower in place of tabouli is genius as far as I'm concerned.




No comments:

Post a Comment