Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thai Cuisine

If not for Groupon, I may have never tried this little Thai restaurant, hidden away in a strip mall off a busy road near my house. Thai Cuisine isn't the most evocative name, after all. But now that I've been, I will definitely be back.

I started out with a Thai iced tea. I haven't had one of these in ages. Sweetened condensed milk is drizzled into the iced tea. It's more like a dessert than a beverage.


The coolest thing about Thai Cuisine is their self-serve salad, appetizer and dessert bar. Unlimited veggie spring rolls and egg rolls, included as part of my $7.95 lunch? Yes, please. The peanut sauce was awesome, by the way.


I had the King's Curry, stir-fried tofu with green beans and red bell pepper, served with rice. Great flavors, and tasted even better when I reheated the leftovers that evening.


I had to sample this intriguing pudding from the dessert bar. Purple rice, swirled in sweetened coconut milk. When I stirred it, the whole thing turned purple. Thick, goopy, and very rich, I could only eat a couple of bites (blame the Thai iced tea!) but the kids happily finished off off their bowls.


And now, because I feel like it's never a true Busy Veggie Mama post without a picture of my kids being goofballs, here is our new puppy, Olivia.



1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for the very inspirational blogger award!http://mylifeeventsblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/very-inspirational-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete