Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Capital of Texas Zoo

Today we visited the Capital of Texas Zoo with some friends. It's a small, rustic, family-owned zoo, but the animals appeared well-fed and the kids appreciated being able to get up close to the animals. 

Tiny goats, is there anything cuter?


Jackson was fascinated by the prairie dogs.


I had never seen an albino peacock before. Gorgeous!


My favorite odd-looking creature, the capybara.


Dang it, I forgot what these adorable little guys are called. They look like a cross between kangaroos and bunnies.



For dinner, I made another one of Joni's tester recipes, Thai Peanut Fried Chicken and Waffles. First time making savory waffles.


Peanut sauce, I want to eat it every day.


Tofu "fried chicken" turned out perfectly. Love that crispy breading!


Once I put it all together, I couldn't wait to dig in! Perfect with a drizzle of maple syrup. All waffles need maple syrup in my opinion, even the savory ones!


1 comment:

  1. mmm, tofu fried chicken sounds intriguing:) what spices did you use?

    ReplyDelete