Friday, February 8, 2013

Baking Blitz

I've been doing a fair amount of baking lately. The Apple "Waldorf" Bread from 1000 Vegan Recipes is studded with walnuts, raisins, and apple slices, and goes perfectly with pumpkin butter.

 

Another way to use up extra apples would be these Apple Crisp Muffins from the Happy Herbivore cookbook. I slather a couple of warmed muffins with melted butter for a breakfast that makes waking up a little easier. 


Here are two recipes I made from Let Them Eat Vegan!  I've become a big fan of Dreena Burton's cookbooks because she uses wholesome ingredients, rarely using white flour or sugar. These Krispie Chip Cookies were a little dry, but my measurements may have been off or something.


Tony requested that I make him some breakfast bars to grab on the way to work, so I turned to Dreena's Proper Healthy Granola Bars recipe. I have made it three times now and I love how versatile it is. She calls for sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, raisins and chocolate chips, but I've found you can sub in pretty much anything. Tony really liked a version I made with peanuts, almonds, cashews, coconut and raisins.


My mom and dad sent the kids some dot markers, tons of fun for little budding artists!



1 comment:

  1. Great post on "Baking Bitz". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- culinary program in dubai | dubai barista

    ReplyDelete