Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's 2013

Hope it's not too late for a Valentine's Day wrap-up! We just got a new computer, so it took me a few days to get my pics loaded.

On the 13th, I joined some girlfriends for a low-key Galentine's night in. I made vegan puppy chow for us to snack on while we watched a movie.


On the morning of the 14th, our play group had a Valentine's party for the little ones. I made strawberry cupcakes, which I forgot to take a picture of, but here's the entire spread in all its toothache-inducing glory!


Olivia had fun.


Tony and I opted to save our date night for the weekend. So that evening I made a 5-minute pasta sauce by blending a jar of roasted red peppers and a jar of basil pesto. Served over penne, topped with pecorino romano. Couldn't be easier.


On Saturday evening, we dropped the kids off with the sitter and had a rare adults-only dinner at Iron Cactus. I started off with a refreshing paloma 


We shared some chips and queso.


I had the veggie enchiladas, which came with cilantro rice and black beans. I liked that the enchiladas were topped with sun-dried tomatoes. I'd never seen that before.


Hope you had a Happy Valentine's!






No comments:

Post a Comment