Friday, June 15, 2012

Dinner Patrol

Last night I had a craving for some awesome Detroit-style pizza from Via 313. It might be made in a trailer but it's the best pizza in Austin, for sure! And they have vegan and gluten-free options.


Officer Jackson and Firefighter Olivia were cracking  me up while I made tonight's dinner. Look at those expressions. No smiles while on duty. Keeping the peace is serious business.


I made rotini with sauteed zucchini and summer squash, and I used an artichoke heart pasta sauce that I picked up at Rustlin Rob's on our trip to Fredericksburg. I threw in a ton of basil from our garden, and the result was light and tasty.


It passed inspection from these guys, too. Whew!


Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! those two are just the cutest little things!! so precious! and that pasta looks pretty doggone tasty! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm I want that pizza! Your little officers are too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...that pizza looks amazing. I just had to comment on your little cuties though...those faces with the deadpan stare has me giggling a bit. They are adorable. Great blog too, I am in the same boat, used to be vegan = now back to nearly vegetarian. It suits us just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your kids are sooooo cute:)they're lucky to have a mum who cooks such great food for them

    ReplyDelete