Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Urban Vegan Tester #8 - Fajitas

This month, Tony is working his weird training schedule again, which means he sometimes gets home at 3 p.m. ready for a big meal because he's been up since 4 a.m. with no lunch break.  So I look for meals that I can make for him and then easily reheat when I get hungry later. The Urban Vegan's Fajitas fit this requirement perfectly.  Chunks of seitan, sweet red bell pepper, and caramelized onion on a warm tortilla -- this is just what Tony needs after a long shift spent on his feet. 


It was also just what I needed last night, after attending my first yoga class in over a year! I'm sore today, but it's a good soreness -- letting me know I used muscles that hadn't been worked out in awhile.

We got a foot of snow overnight and lots more coming down, so I'm not going anywhere today, just trying to entertain these kids the best I can while cooped up inside. Have a great Wednesday, guys!

3 comments:

  1. I love fajitas with a lot of bell peppers. Mmmm perfect in the winter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Those look great! I may need to make something similar soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete