Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tempeh Helper

Yesterday I was sad to learn that Trish Keenan, the singer for one of my favorite bands, Broadcast, has passed away. I loved her style and voice. Their music always put me in a happy mood, and now listening to them won't be the same. Here is one of their videos. RIP.


Since I was so bummed out, lunch was an afterthought. But, Jackson needs to eat, so I made roasted garlic hummus with steamed kale, in a pita.


For dinner I made another Appetite for Reduction creation for the PPK Cookbook Challenge. I told Tony I was making Tempeh Helper and he asked "What flavor?" I looked at him blankly, unaware that Hamburger Helper comes in flavors. I guess this is cheesy flavor. In this picture the cheese sauce appears to be glowing, but that's just because it was dark out and I had to use the flash. In reality it looked really good.

It was quick to make, and of course it tasted great.  Pasta covered in cheese sauce, who wouldn't like that? I am not always in love with tempeh, but I enjoyed it in this instance.

Jackson is really into stirring lately. Here he is browning the tempeh.  I like Olivia's expression in the background.  I guess she was excited about the Tempeh Helper -- it surprised me how much she ate!


Are you doing anything fun this weekend? Tony has a 3-day weekend, but I'm not sure yet if we are doing anything. I feel like being outdoors, but I think it's going to be too cold to take the babies outside for very long. I'm sure I'll come up with something. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I've been wanting to make that Tempeh Helper! Thanks for the pic, now I KNOW I have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your kiddos loved that tempeh helper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little girl would love that!

    ReplyDelete