Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sunrise

One benefit of the 6:30 wake-up...


Jackson is an early riser by nature.


Olivia, not so much.


While Jackson was at school, Olivia helped me make some Seitan Breakfast Strips from American Vegan Kitchen.


After thinly slicing the seitan, we sauteed it and it was all ready to be used in a couple more AVK recipes.


The Seitan Poboys are fantastic. The seitan is crispy and chewy, the way I like it, with lots of flavor. The coleslaw was the star for me, however, with a splash of lime juice contrasting the creamy mayo. I will always add lime juice to coleslaw from now on! We ate these on kaiser rolls.


I also made a batch of Loaded Baked Potato Soup, which was awesome. Tami's recipes are never bland. I love the addition of broccoli and chickpeas to this soup. I topped it with chives and more of the seitan strips. I still had plenty of seitan strips left over to freeze; I will use them another time to make more poboys.








No comments:

Post a Comment