Friday, October 24, 2014

Orange and Green


 More pumpkin products, y'all! Will it ever end? No, because I am a pumpkin buying fool this year.  First at HEB I found pumpkin harvest soup, pumpkin spice sandwich cookies, and pumpkin spice muffin bars. I thought the cookies would be soft, but they are crunchy. Hard to stop at eating just one! The muffin bars are dry, I wouldn't recommend them.


Next, at Sprouts, pumpkin pasta sauce and pumpkin gelato. The gelato is so good, with a really strong pumpkin flavor. I also bought a pomegranate for Olivia. There's a pomegranate tree at the library that she always notices, but the pomegranates are still very small. I wanted to show her how they look when they are ripe.


She ate almost this whole bowl of seeds (not in one sitting, thankfully for her digestive system.) They are a fun snack to eat with little fingers.


"Let's get more pomegranates!"


To counterbalance all the sugary pumpkin goodies, I made us some green juice this morning. I used a recipe I've seen in several places online: 2 apples, 4 celery stalks, 6 pieces of kale, 1 cucumber, 1 inch knob of ginger, and 1 lemon.  


I also made some apple butter balls for an after-school snack.


1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin pasta sauce and pumpkin gelato both sound awesome. I think I made a pumpkin lasagna once, that sauce would be great in it. I haven't bought too much pumpkin stuff (besides a squash to roast last night) and pumpkin beer...
    The apple butter balls sound great too! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete