Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Boardwalk Trail

Darlings! (I just watched The Grand Budapest Hotel and I want to call everyone darling, darling!) It is October! Also known as, the best month. "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall" and all that. 


With the advent of autumn, Tony and I felt we could finally venture down to check out the new boardwalk without ending up sweaty and grumpy.


Jackson and Olivia enjoyed up-close views of the lake.


We weren't sure why metal belts were attached to the railings. As is usually the case in Austin, it turned out to be a public art installation.


Perfect views of downtown and a light breeze.


For dinner, quesadillas filled with roasted red pepper hummus, veggie bacon, tomato and basil, with a side of smoky guacamole, all from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan. Roasted kabocha squash with maple syrup and ras el hanout spice mix on the side. I can't remember if I've had kabocha before. It's a little starchy for my taste. I prefer acorn or butternut.


Happy October!


No comments:

Post a Comment