Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Renaissance Fair

Last weekend, our neighborhood was visited a brave knights and a fair princess.


Several of them, actually. It was a Renaissance Fair!


Jackson and Olivia followed their ears to find the source of the clanging metal sounds, and stood rooted to the spot until all the duels were over. 


There were a lot of duels.


There was also a blacksmith. Which meant more clanging metal! And fire!


There was also a little dog attached to a cart. Not sure what that was about. Were dogs kind of like ponies, in Renaissance times?


There was also dancing, which Olivia happily joined in.


I love our new neighborhood so much. There's always some family-friendly event going on. I also love our close proximity to Dimassi's Mediterranean buffet. This was Tony's first time trying it, and now he is also a huge fan. Let's see, what's all this goodness on my plate? Hummus, falafel, baba ganoush, spinach, green beans, okra, stuffed grape leaves, tabouli, spicy green sauce, pita. I think that covers it. So much to choose from. Baklava for dessert, not pictured because I was too busy stuffing my face!


2 comments:

  1. Where did this "faire" take place? *grin* I wasn't aware that any such things (other than small SCA events/practices) took place in the city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, it was in Wells Branch at Katherine Fleischer park. We are kind of separate from Austin in some ways, so it might not have been publicized much outside of Wells Branch. I hope there is another one next fall. It was small, but fun!

      Delete