Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Cooking with Natvia and Norbu


The kind people at Natvia and Norbu sent me some more of their natural stevia and monkfruit sweeteners to try out in recipes. First I made Isa's Marbled Banana Bread. (This recipe is also found in Isa Does It, if you own that.) I substituted an equal amount of Natvia for the sugar. It turned out lovely, except I noticed my loaf was done after 45 minutes, rather than 55. I'm not sure if that's due to using the Nativa, or other conditions.  The bread was sweet enough to eat for dessert, had a rich chocolaty flavor thanks to plenty of cocoa powder.


Next up, I used the Norbu to make pumpkin eggnog.


Norbu Pumpkin Eggnog
1 box silken tofu
2 cups nondairy milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup Norbu sweetener
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Combine all ingredients in the blender until smooth. Enjoy with a shot of rum, if desired.

Inspired by our Christmas tree, Jackson decided to become one himself.


All he needs is a star on top of his head.



No comments:

Post a Comment