Sunday, December 21, 2014

Changing Seasons

Happy Winter Solstice! Sorry for the absence. Tony has been traveling a lot for work, and blogging does not fit into the schedule when I'm on single-parent duty. But he is home now, so I will try to get caught up.

We have had a mild fall, and the leaves did not change colors until early December.


The trees in our backyard looked so pretty for a few days. A nice visual diversion while I have Monster out there to do his business, haha.


Then, one day, all the leaves were on the ground. At pickup time, Jackson and his friends were so excited when they came outside and saw piles of leaves just waiting to be thrown.


Nothing like a good leaf fight to end the school year.


Jackson is on winter break now, and it's going to be wonderful to have both of my kiddos at home with me for a couple of weeks. Tony has to work a couple more days and then he gets a vacation as well. This is my favorite part of the holidays, spending lots of family time together. Preferably in front of a fire.


Today's lunch, Cream of Tomato Soup from Oh She Glows. The Italian-seasoned chickpeas are all stirred in, but rest assured they are there and they are delicious.


Hope you have all been well, now time to go warm up my toes in front of the fire again.

No comments:

Post a Comment