Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Nutcracker 2014

This Christmas I decided to start a new tradition of taking Olivia to see the Nutcracker ballet.


She loves to dance and we have watched Nutcracker clips on Youtube many times, so she was excited to see it in person. 


When we walked up to the Long Center, she had to pose on the red carpet.


She loved the life-sized Nutcracker in the hall.


It was a huge theater!


This was our view. Yes, we were up high! But we had a perfect, unobstructed view of the stage. I took this picture before the show started. They showed commercials on a huge screen. At showtime, the screen went away and the dancers took over the stage. I didn't take any pictures then, because I was paranoid about my flash accidentally going off!


It was a beautiful production. Olivia enjoyed the first two acts, but after the intermission, her 4-year-old attention span was being tested. We ended up leaving about ten minutes early. I just found out that there is a more kid-friendly version put on by a different ballet company, so we may try that next year.

For dinner I made the Buffalo Tempeh from Appetite for Reduction, and served it on ciabatta rolls with the Cole Slaw from American Vegan Kitchen. What a combination! I love the lime tartness of that coleslaw, and it provided just the right amount of coolness with the spicy tempeh.


Tonight we will do our usual Christmas Eve traditions of reading Twas the Night Before Christmas and watching Love Actually. 8 is a lot of legs, David! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment